Friday, April 29, 2005

I'm invisible

The other day my friend Colin sent me "Dirty Epic," which sent me on really a satisfying rediscovery of Underworld. They used to be one of my favorite bands, but they kind of fell off of my radar back in eleventh grade when my Case Logic full of techno got stolen out of my locker. In any case, it's been nice getting reacquainted.

In addition to being recording three of the electronica era's best records and being responsible for that "Lager Lager Lager" song from Trainspotting (which is sadly basically the only way to get most Americans to remember them), this recording of a medley of Rez and Cowgirl from their album Everything Everything proves that they were balls-crazy live.

Listening to it I can't help but imagine myself in a field, half-naked and high as a kite, slathered with mud and surrounded by 40,000 likeminded rabid British people. Beat that, LCD Soundsystem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home