Friday, April 08, 2005

Rock stars, muscle cubs and records, oh my!

It's really pleasantly surprising when heroes turn out to be human-sized.

Tonight I had the honor of meeting this guy, who was in a little band called Husker Du and now does all sorts of awesome solo stuff including a party down in DC called Blowoff that I'm kind of dying to go to.

I knew Mr. Mould was in town because my boss at the Pig called me about five seconds after he left the premises to squeal about it. I was at the Eagle hanging out with some friends tonight, and was just about to leave when I saw him standing against the wall near the bar on the second floor. Boss Hog had told me that he'd told Mr. Mould about how upset I would be to learn that I'd missed his visit, so I used that as an opening line, and we had a very pleasant conversation about musclecubs with high'n'tights (apparently we'd both do GannonGuckert) and the scandalous excellence of Thin White Duke remixes.

As a moderate fan of the Huskers and as a major fan of Faggots Who Rock this was totally an OMIGODOMIGODOMIGOD! sort of moment for me. I'd like to take this moment to hope that at the time of this posting he's getting crazy laid, like he deserves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home