Monday, November 12, 2007

I need new pants

I would apologize for posting about Radiohead twice in a row, but isn't that what blogs are for? Anyway, my favoritest band did their level best to ruin my wardrobe this weekend by performing a cover of one of the best songs by one of my other favoritest bands, The Smiths. Thom Yorke starts everything off with a kind of bad Morrissey impression, but by the time he works around to the closing yelps that (bizarrely) are some of my favorite Moz lyrics, he's doing something new and particular to him. Otherwise, the cover is reverently faithful - genuflective, even. I can't say that I object; this is so up my alley that I find the lack of applause at the end physically jarring.

(PS - If you ever want to render my boyfriend completely and utterly powerless, play this version of this song and watch him curl up in agony. It's like his version of Kryptonite).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home