Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Party and Bullshit

New York Drones was pretty fun. The space was incredible as advertised, and I'd say we certainly filled our end of the bargain as far as bringing the noise was concerned. Guest DJ Scott, out of Minnesota, was totally fire, and everything was bangin' until the amp got tired around 3 am. Next time: better amp, no sandwiches, more hard alcohol and fewer kegs.
While on the whole the thing went off remarkably well, there were a few key moments of hilarity/drama that I would like to share with you:

Wonderful Episode Numero Uno:
Random Chick: "Hey, could you maybe play some hip hop soon?"
Me: "Uh, this new Missy Elliot track ["Lose Control"] is most certainly hip hop."
Random Chick: "Well maybe you could play something I might recognize, maybe something from, I don't know, three weeks ago?"
Me: "Maybe you could live in the now."

Wonderful Episode Numero Dos:
A person who shall go unnamed on this blog has a pretty severe substance problem and revealed themselves to be incredibly terrifying while under its control. Said person should probably not drink anymore, particularly not from the kegs when the party is over and we are trying to clean up the mess. That said, I was and remain sorry that said person broke his hand and got his cell phone stolen.

Oh, and my favorite part was when a total stranger named Amit came up to me and asked me if I was Dave Hughes, and said that he read and enjoyed the blog. Amit: you are a motherfucking rock star and you are invited to all of my parties forever and ever. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home