Tuesday, August 22, 2006

2006 in iTunes, so far

This is quite a bit late, but since I haven't posted about music in quite a while, I figure I can get away with it.

Now that 2006 is more than half over, here is a playlist I made in iTunes of some of my favorite tracks of the year so far.
For the record, this list obvs includes none of my favorites from albums that have yet to drop or that I did not buy on iTunes. It is pretty representative of the year nevertheless.

1. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Phenomena
2. Wolfmother - Colossal
3. Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor
4. Cut Copy - Going Nowhere (Digitalism Remix)
5. Coldplay - Talk (Thin White Duke Mix)
6. Ellen Allien & Apparat - Jet
7. The Knife - The Captain
8. Booka Shade - In White Rooms
9. Justice v. Simian - We Are Your Friends (Edison Remix)
10. Hot Chip - Over & Over
11. Joakim - I Wish You Were Gone (Vocal Edit)
12. Gnarls Barkley - Smiley Faces
13. Ghostface Killah & Ice Cube - Be Easy

Lots of big loud classic-ish rock and kind of icy but still immediate electronics, and barely any hip hop at all. Sounds like 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home