Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Audiences hate dogs, or, Why Hollywood is tanking




























As a faggot, I love romantic comedies. I also love John Cusack, and given his track record in off-beat romantic comedies ("Say Anything," "High Fidelity," and most importantly "Grosse Pointe Blank") I should be wetting my pants for his new one. But the poster for his latest film makes it so numbingly obvious that the movie will be a load of treacly dogshit that I can't wait for it to do a big fantastic box-office nose-dive because maybe it will inspire him to make some less disastrously safe decisions.

I mean: "Must Love Dogs"? "The hardest trick is making them stay"? These marketing meetings weren't punctuated by legions of ad account executives barfing up their dignity how? No wonder the box-office is heading for the pit, if they can't even get formulaic pablum right.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, didn't Cusack used to be a young hearthrob? Didn't he used to be a sex symbol? Now he's doing movies for the generation of late-in-live single divorcees? That's terrible.

Clearly I have issues with my parents.

Thursday, July 14, 2005 10:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home