Monday, November 21, 2005

I am not a jukebox

Big news: as of this past weekend, I am now the resident DJ on Saturday nights at Lucky Jack's.

The gig kind of came out of nowhere. I threw, promoted and played a few parties there at the beginning of the year, but the last time I was there was in May. On Friday, one of the owners called me up and asked me if I could throw it together to play the next day, and since I hadn't spun out in a while I jumped at the chance. It went really well, I thought. Since May, they've moved their DJ console upstairs - it used to be in their lounge space, which was always pretty difficult to access - and so I was right in the Orchard Street window. The crowd seemed a lot younger and more mixed than six months ago, too. At the end of the night, Diarmiud - the owner I'm most familiar with - came over and offered me the opportunity to spin there on a weekly basis. So for the next while you can expect to find me at Orchard & Delancey every Saturday night.

I do take requests, but not for Bon Jovi.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 2:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home